Boyd bought a radio control airplane in 1987 (I know this from a receipt). He spent time building, covering, installing, tuning, and...never flew it. Katie remembers him working a lot on it while Andy helped to get it ready for flight. I have been flying for about ten years now, and I know how to fly pretty well. Finally, after eight years, I got up the courage to ask Boyd if could buy the plane from him. I don't know the whole reason for him not flying this beautifully crafted plane, but 21 years later it finally came off the ground. I was shaking a little bit when it first took it off but after trimming it out so it would fly straight and level, it flew flawlessly. Here are a few pictures of the dusty airplane.
Oct 5, 2008
21 Years later......
Boyd bought a radio control airplane in 1987 (I know this from a receipt). He spent time building, covering, installing, tuning, and...never flew it. Katie remembers him working a lot on it while Andy helped to get it ready for flight. I have been flying for about ten years now, and I know how to fly pretty well. Finally, after eight years, I got up the courage to ask Boyd if could buy the plane from him. I don't know the whole reason for him not flying this beautifully crafted plane, but 21 years later it finally came off the ground. I was shaking a little bit when it first took it off but after trimming it out so it would fly straight and level, it flew flawlessly. Here are a few pictures of the dusty airplane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment