Today was a chill day. We slept in and then went to church. For those of you that don't know, we have been teaching primary for a few years now and we really enjoy our calling. I think we learn more from our kids than they learn from us. Maybe that's why Bishop Larson took a chance on us - we needed to learn a lot.
After church, Kenny and I finished taking care of some very important preparation items for our trip - life jackets for the dogs. They look darling! And when they wear their little hiking shoes with the jackets, they look like they are off to do a serious expedition.
After our walk with the dogs (to show them off, of course), we came home and made scones with the Coons. This is the second week we've done this but we won't do it for awhile because we ran out of dough. Anyway, they were very tasty with Melanie Rammel's homemade buttermilk syrup on them...yummmyyyyy!!
After scones, Kenny and Jeremy retired into the front room where they serenaded each other. I'm not kidding. See for yourself:
Well, there is only one week left until school starts for Haven, and...maybe for me. I guess I should check and see when I have to go back :). I've been finished with my summer classes for about...36 hours and I'm delighted to not have any homework this weekend. At least I won't have any guilt for spending time blogging - at least until school starts :). I'm not really looking forward to having homework in the coming weeks but I am looking forward to this being my last semester of school. I'm not sure if I can handle any more full time school after December. I am very ready to be done. School has been a great experience but it is very hard to do when working full time(+) and having a family. I don't really recommend it to anyone that wants to keep their sanity.



1 comment:
Katie,
I have never seen a dog with shoes on!! Too cute!
Hilary, Tim and the kids are here this morning staying with us.
Fun to see your blog!
SUzanne
Post a Comment